The benefitsWe have several plants in operation across Europe, highlighting our proven experience in delivering efficient and robust energy from waste solutions.
Find out more about the benefits of our plants and technology:
- Low and stable Carbon Monoxide (CO) and Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) emissions average NOx emissions typically 25-30% of EU limit.
- Low carbon content in the bottom ash, guaranteeing less than 3% TOC.
- Independent leaching tests demonstrate that carbon leaching is only 10% of standard EfW processes.
- A local solution offers minimised transportation and therefore reduced emissions from refuse vehicles.
- The plant has a low visual impact on the environment, due to its small building footprint.
- The proprietary control system ensures emissions are consistently low and stable, demonstrating world-class combustion efficiency.
- No compromise on emissions performance in the event of plant turndown.
- No ammonia or urea injection required for flue gas cleaning. This reduces operational costs significantly.
- No de-Nox system is required.
- ENERGOS technology is proven with over 800,000 operating hours at 8 plants across Europe.
- Existing plants are commercially successful, helping local authorities meet the EU Landfill Directive.
- Renewables Obligation Certificates (ROCs) are issued for the biomass fraction of the waste when the plant produces electricity, enhancing income streams.
- Energy recovered from the biomass content is not subject to the Climate Change Levy (CCL).
- Energy recovered from the biodegradable fraction of waste is exempt from CO2 emissions under the EU Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS).
- Low operating and maintenance costs.